SECURE TRANSACTIONS - CREDIT CARD SAFETY
Milan Records uses the latest encryption technology to keep your credit card information safe. To further protect this information, we process your credit card number on a server that isn't accessible from the Internet.
When making a purchase at Milan Records, you can choose to shop in a secure mode using Netscape's SSL encryption -- the Internet standard for secure transactions. Or, you can telephone or fax your credit card information to us.
Your order information and purchase history are further protected by a password you choose. If you forget your password, we will first verify your identity, then send your password to the email address listed in your Milan Records account.
For more information about credit card security or our other payment options, visit the "Placing an Order" section in the Help Desk menu.
Milan Records Privacy Guarantee
Your privacy is important.
- At Milan Records, we know that your privacy is important to you. It's important to us, too. That's why we want you to know about the personal information we collect, how we use that information and with whom it may be shared.
You're always in control.
- The only personal information that we collect is information that you give us when you register and when you purchase. We use that information to service your account and to personalize your experience at Milan Records. We'll never share that information with third parties interested in e-mailing you or send you our own promotional offer e-mails without your consent.
Here's the information we gather:
- When you register at the site, we ask for certain basic information to service your account: name and e-mail address. If you decide to make a purchase, we then ask you for your shipping and billing addresses, phone number and payment information.
- You have the option to use certain services, such as the "Send this page to a friend" function, which may require you to provide us with transmittal information for your friends or family. We only use this information to provide the requested service.
- You have the option within the site, to provide us with information about your music preferences or other interests. We use this information to improve the level of customization in the store and provide better recommendations for you.
- If you enter an Milan Records sweepstakes, we will ask for your name and email address, so that we may notify winners. You do not have to be an account holder to enter an Milan Records sweepstakes. We may also use your email address to send you special offer emails in the future.
- We also keep track of customer purchases, traffic patterns and related site usage inside our website to help us shape our recommendations about merchandise in the store, manage promotions and advertising, and improve our web page and site design.
- From time to time, we may randomly contact customers about participating in a survey about our website. These surveys are optional, and we use the responses to help us identify customer concerns and needs so that we can improve or develop new services on the website.
Why your transactions are secure.
- We use state-of-the-art encryption technology to safeguard your transactions. The technology used is SSL (Secure Socket Layer) which is supported by both the Netscape and Internet Explorer web browsers that are version 3.0 or newer. Your information, including your credit card information, is encrypted and cannot be read as it travels over the Internet.
- We never display your full credit card information.
- Your account is password-protected. You cannot submit an order or view your personal information without your password.
- The site will sign you out automatically if your session remains inactive for more than 2 hours. If you share a computer, we recommend that you always sign out before leaving it unattended.
With whom is information shared?
- We may release specific personal information for the following reasons:
- We use outside companies to provide you with the merchandise you purchase, to provide some of the services you use on our site as well as for managing some of our internal operations such as databases, data analysis and e-mails. As a result, these companies do have access to the specific information necessary to provide you with your goods or services, but we require them to keep this information confidential and not to use it for any other reason.
- We will release your personal information to the proper persons when we believe, in good faith, that we are required to comply with a law or legal process, enforce our user agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Milan Records or other persons or entities.
- From time to time we provide aggregate statistics about our members, site traffic, sales and other site-related information to reputable companies. "Aggregate" is the key word here. You can be assured that we never include information that allows these companies to identify you individually. Of course, if you have registered in an outside customer reward program in which Milan Records is a participating merchant, we will provide your reward program with the necessary information about your purchases so that you can be awarded your points or other rewards.
- We never rent or sell your name and e-mail address to other on-line marketers of products or services without your consent. You make the decisions on how you would like to hear from us and if you are interested in receiving valuable offers from other reputable marketers of products and services. In addition, all promotional email that you receive from Milan Records will always allow you to unsubscribe to future email promotions if you decide to do so at a later date.
Postal Mailing Lists.
- We never rent or sell your name, phone number and mailing address to other marketers of products or services without your consent.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
- Milan Records is a website directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
- By using Milan Records and providing us with your personal information, you are accepting the privacy practices described in this policy statement.